Silly question on GMATPrep software

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Silly question on GMATPrep software

by matterhorn762 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:45 pm
This sounds like a silly question but I would bet I'm not the only one to have been confused by this...

When finished taking a practice test or going through practice problems... how does one actually "complete" the exam? I get to the review screen that contains the instructions, but the only way I see to continue from there is to choose "End exam" and then it permanantly says that I am unfinished.

Am I missing some button somewhere????

Thanks.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by bekkilyn » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:51 pm
When I took the practice test, the instructions told me to hit "next" to continue, and I kept trying to click on the word "next" and it wouldn't light up or go to the next screen. I thought that the software wasn't working correctly and restarted it a couple times hoping that I could clear up the problem.

It was then that I saw the word "Next" at the very, very far right bottom of my screen. Doh! I was able to move on after that. I guess I'm sadly too used to Microsoft programs.

Maybe your issue is similar that you just aren't seeing the word "Next"?

by matterhorn762 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:01 pm
I'm talking about the review page. At the bottom are the options (from left to right):

End Exam
Review All
Review Incorrect
Review Flagged

I see no other options to "complete" the exam. I definitely haven't seen a "next" button on this screen.

Any ideas?

by bekkilyn » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:26 pm
I get the same thing too, actually. I think that's all you get until you decide to completely restart that test instead of going back to review. Did you get your score the first time you took the test? If you got the score at least that one time, then you completed the test. Once you go back in and review, it will show as incomplete until you restart.

At least that's been my experience. I've never found a way to see the score a second time.

by Gmatss » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:10 pm
you press end exam, then something pops up saying and u have the option of yes or no. U press No and the exma will be completed

by matterhorn762 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:19 am
I guess there is just no way to save the results of a practice exam and back and review the same exam.

What about answer explanations? I didn't see any explanations (vice just listing the answers) available for the practice exam. I saw it as an option on the practice questions, but not on the practice exam.

Is that something I missed or does the software just not have it? If it does, how do you get to it?

by bekkilyn » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:08 am
Yes, your practice exam results should be saved *unless* you chose "no" when the pop up box appeared when you exited the exam. Choosing no means you want to reset the exam for the next time. If you choose "yes", then the next time you enter that test, it will be the same test and you will have the opportunity to review your incorrect (or all) problems.

Unfortunately, the practice exams do not provide answer explanations. You can choose to see the correct answer selection, but that's it. :(

On a good note, if there is a problem you really don't understand, you can ask about it here on the appropriate forum.