Profile Evaluation Request

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile Evaluation Request

by vivek901 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:49 pm
Hi,

Iam looking forward to apply for Fall 2011 in major B-Schools of Canada(Reason being I have Permanent Resident Status).

My profile in brief is as follows

GMAT - 660 (Q-46,V-35)

Work Experience:(4 years total expected by the start of program)

Currently working as Associate Process Manager(Trading Desk Assistant) for one of the leading Investment banking client.(10 months till date)

Worked as a Analyst for 1 year in Nomura Financial Services

Worked as a Management Trainee/(Financial Investment Consultant) in Kotak Mahindra Bank for 1 year

Academics:This is lesser because the over all standards in India are different(its difficult to score really high marks)

Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration (FULL time 2- yrs)- 67%

Bachelor's in Engineering- 54%(University of Mumbai)-This is on lesser side which is my worry but the over all standard of scoring is less in my university-Does the adcom comitee know the standard of difficulty or is there any way to explain them about the same?

Target B-Schools

Primary targets

1.Rotman School of Business-University of Toronto
2.Schulich School of Busiess-York University
3.Queens School of Business(Since they have a 1 year program,Iam not really keen)
4.Richard Ivey School of Business(Same reason as above)

Secondary options(In case the first 4 dont get fulfilled)

5.Degroote School of Business-Mcmaster University
6.Sauder School of Business-University of British columbia
7.Alberta School of Business-University of Alberta

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:81 members

by Stacey Oyler » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:36 am
Hi,

Thanks for your post. Please see my comments below:

Work Experience:(4 years total expected by the start of program)

Currently working as Associate Process Manager(Trading Desk Assistant) for one of the leading Investment banking client.(10 months till date)

Worked as a Analyst for 1 year in Nomura Financial Services

Worked as a Management Trainee/(Financial Investment Consultant) in Kotak Mahindra Bank for 1 year

It appears that although you've changed companies you have steady growth in your career to date. You'll want to be sure to highlight the change in roles and responsibilities at each organization on your resume so that adcom doesn't mistaken your job changes as lateral moves.

Academics:This is lesser because the over all standards in India are different(its difficult to score really high marks)

Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration (FULL time 2- yrs)- 67%

Bachelor's in Engineering- 54%(University of Mumbai)-This is on lesser side which is my worry but the over all standard of scoring is less in my university-Does the adcom comitee know the standard of difficulty or is there any way to explain them about the same?

Adcom members have information regarding schools in India and understand not only the school rankings, but also how grades/marks are given as well as what is considered satisfactory. There is no need for you to explain the grading system, however, you may wish to explain why you feel your performance is below your ability. This can be done in an optional essay.

Overall you may wish to consider retaking the GMAT. Your score is a bit low as compared to others with your background and experience. You may wish to retake it with an aim to score 700+.

Regards,

Stacey
Sign up for my MBA admissions course, featuring me and other Clear Admit experts, by visiting: https://www.udemy.com/business-school

Stacey Oyler
Clear Admit, LLC
[email protected]

Stay Informed with Clear Admit!
Read our Blog for daily MBA admissions tips and updates.
Follow us on Twitter for breaking b-school news.
Download our Publications on MBA programs and admissions strategy.
Visit our MBA Admissions Wiki to read and share application insights.