Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Please evaluate my profile - MBA

by aakash.ahuja101 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:49 pm
Hi my name is aakash ahuja.

Work experience: 3.5 years or 4.5 years at matriculation'

Company i work for : Ernst & Young LLP

Work profile: Senior analyst in their backend/offshore business consulting function. Work involves supporting client engagements (diversification strategies, M&A target identification etc.). Mentor/coach to 5 other analysts and associates.

Education background : Master's in Business Economics from Delhi University (it is not an MBA course but a master's course focused more on economics and data analytics - read econometrics); Also have a bachelor's degree in computer science engineering but that was between 2006-10 - not sure how relevant it is now.

Academic performance: Rank 7 in Master's course (63.5% - not sure if they take this as absolute because it is not easy to score high in master's course in Delhi University).
B.Tech (computer science) - GPA:3.5

GMAT: 710 (Q:50, V:35)

Additional certifications: CFA (level 2 passed), Mensa International - former member, India chapter

Extra curricular: medium-strong

I wanted to know which MBA colleges should I apply to. I am thinking of applying to Anderson, Tepper, McCombs, ISB, NUS and Nanyang.
Also is my GMAT score too low to be applying to colleges like Ross, Fuqua, Darden etc.? Particularly given the fact that I come from an over-represented pool of candidates that is Indian male. But please note that I am not part of the Indian IT male pool.

Also, Will my work experience stand out in the pool?

Looking forward to your reply.