Just beat the GMAT--But need your help....

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi Everyone,

This is Indrajit from India.I took my GMAT on the 6th of Dec 2010.I had a preparation of around 40 days.
But rigorous preparation(since i had quit my job for this).
I managed a 700 (Quant 49,Verb 36) .I am satisfied bcoz this was my first attempt.

I need suggestions from the wonderful people here about the US Business schools i should apply to(i dont wanna get rejected by applying to big shot Univs that are out of my reach as i lack sufficient works exp).
I am considering only USA,not Europe.

My profile :

Bachelor of Engineering-Computer Science.

2 years works exp with a leading bank in India.

GMAT 700

GPA 3.4

Overall decent academic records.

Please help me in choosing the right schools.One more important thing is--i am targetting programs upto 18 months in length.

I might consider a 2 yrs program only if i get accepted from one of the top 20 US Universities.Otherwise,my options will be limited to 16 or 18 months programs.
Your feedback will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Indrajit
New Delhi
India

Site Admin
Followed by:7 members

by sumayahlaura » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:04 am
Hi,

Congratulations on beating the gmat! In order to answer your question, I believe we need more information. What are you hoping to go to graduate school for, what are your long term goals? My understanding of getting into a good business schools is that your scores and gpa count, as well as your essays and long term goals and how you can frame yourself for the school. What type of accomplishments have you made at your two years at your work? All of these factors are important. Don't forget you can always ask the experts in the "Ask an MBA Admissions Consultant" forum.

Good luck with your search!