Guys suggest some strategy pls. and its Urgent ...pls help

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Hello guys for the past 5 days I was posting the Msg in wrong section, so i didn't get any responses....Today only i found it.....Neway Guys pls help me........
Rt now I got 25 days off from my workplace. My GMAT prep 1 score was 410 . i wrote it on 5 days back.
For the past 3 days i was solving the problems in this quant section from this site..Iam really week in verbal...Pls help me ....my timing is also very bad....
Hardly only 25 days are left.Pls suggest me wat should i do....hw to plan my GMAT.....Iam ready to hardwork....but i dont know the way...
" I KNOW THIS SITE WILL REALLY HELP ME...."

iam little better in quants than verbal......guys pls reply as soon as possible......" I have complete full free 25 days...."Acc. to this pls plan it..."

by kshankker » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:09 pm
SUperb......wat a site ....lots of moderator's....lot of people got above 700...!!!!!!!!!!!!!BUT THERE IS NO ONE TO HELP............

comeon guys.........

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:710!

by phumbert » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:06 am
come on now, dont blame the site. you have plenty of FREE resources at your fingertips with this site, but there are no surefire solutions. give us a little more detail as to what you need and i assure you people will step up to try and help. all you have said is that you are scoring in the 400's and want help. drill down some specifics and you'll find more success. fate favors those that help themselves, only use these forums as a back up :)

GMAT Score:760

by reza » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:38 am
What is your target score? Depending on your target your strategy might change.

If it is around 500, just forget about whatever you are weak at and allocate more time for those stuff you are good at it. Spend a lot of time on the first 20 questions of both verbal and quant. That way CAT will give you a high base score which it cannot take away no matter how poorly you do with the rest of the questions!

Also, you said you are weak at verbal. Which part of it? RC, CR or SC?
Usually people have problem with SC and CR. CR will improve a lot with practice.

If you need a score above 650, take a look at this link. It is a strategy which helps a lot.

https://www.gmat760.com/Book/Ch6_SWIC_GMAT.aspx

There is an excel file in the url. You can download it if you decide to follow this strategy.

Cheers,

Reza

P.S. Just to clarify. I am the author of the page that I put there.

by kshankker » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:27 am
yeah today i saw the GMAT resourses...which helped me a lot to plan ....definitely i am going to take the PR # 1test today.. and i ll get back to you................THANKS A Lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by kshitij_ipu » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:39 am
Hi,

I will suggest you to buy OG 11 and solve it completely. Usually, solving OG 11 will take around 15 days. Thereafter, retake the GMAT Prep on which you scored 410. I bet you will notice a huge improvement in your score.

Thanks and Regards,
Kshitij

by kshitij_ipu » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:41 am
FYI- OG11 refers to Official Guide 11 by ETS