GMAT Test Prep Course

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

GMAT Test Prep Course

by kunalmmehta » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:07 am
My name is Kunal Mehta. I just joined this community. I must say that this community is very informative. I started preparing for GMAT last week. My question is which GMAT test prep course should I go with. Someone please advise me. Thanks.

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:34 members
GMAT Score:760

by Osirus@VeritasPrep » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:09 am
The general consensus is that Veritas, Kaplan Advanced (not the regular Kaplan course), and Manhattan GMAT are the three best in person courses. Knewton has a great reputation if you are looking for an online course. I would say if you're weaker in verbal than math, go with Veritas or Kaplan Advanced. If you're weaker in math than verbal go with Manhattan GMAT.
https://www.beatthegmat.com/the-retake-o ... 51414.html

Brandon Dorsey
GMAT Instructor
Veritas Prep

Buy any Veritas Prep book(s) and receive access to 5 Practice Cats for free! Learn More.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by kunalmmehta » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:25 am
Thanks for the feedback. I am from engineering background so i am better in math than verbal. Also my first language is not english. But it's been a while I am out of school. So I need to brush up my math skills too. I was confused between Manhattan and veritage before posting my question.

Legendary Member
Followed by:79 members
GMAT Score:640

by money9111 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:05 am
Well with all of the classes you'll get a Quant "review" - but the Verbal can be tricky so given the choices, Veritas/Kaplan would be better for you than Manhattan. You can also still order some of the Manhattan guides if you choose...
My goal is to make MBA applicants take onus over their process.

My story from Pre-MBA to Cornell MBA - New Post in Pre-MBA blog

Me featured on Poets & Quants

Free Book for MBA Applicants