MGMAT 1 :710
MGMAT 2 :710
MGMAT 3 :710
MGMAT 4 :710
MGMAT 5 :710
Power Prep 1 : 710
Gmat prep 1: 710
Gmat prep 2: 710

I am frustated to see the same score again and again. Can you suggest me how to improve upon on the overall score. My quant score ranges from (48-51) and verbal from (36-39). Should I redo MGMAT tests? Of course after fininishing all 6.

In all MGMAT tests my weak section varies primarily in RC: For example in reading comprehension in one test percentages correct was as low as 25% while in another test that shoots up to 90%. So what can I do at best in the next 2 weeks to improve my overall score. Also, till now I have not given any test with the AWAs . So any take on that?

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:694 members
GMAT Score:780

by Stacey Koprince » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:21 pm
Received a PM asking me to respond.

ALWAYS do the essays when taking practice tests. Always. I know you don't care about the AWA score, but you do care about your stamina and your ability to do well on the verbal during the last hour of the test. You have to be prepared for a 4-hour long test, not a 3-hour long test.

You mention that you want to improve in the next 2 weeks - does that mean you're taking the official test in 2 weeks? I'll assume yes.

You mentioned in your PM that you've taken the official test before but haven't yet achieved your target score. Your PM mentioned that you'd like to score 700+, so I assumed that was your target score, but here you're scoring above 700 on your practice tests and you say you still want to improve more. Or do you just want to do better on your practice tests to improve the odds that you'll score above 700 on the real test?

Can you give me more data as to your previous test attempt? Did your practice test scores leading up to that test reflect what you got on the official test? Or were your practice scores similar to what you posted above, but your official test score lower? I'm trying to figure out whether you scored what you would have expected (in which case, that bodes well for your next attempt) or whether you experienced a drop in your score (in which case, we need to talk about that, because we want to figure out why your score dropped - if we can figure that out, then we can try to stop that from happening again).

Also, you mention that your RC performance tends to fluctuate. Do you have any idea as to why? Does it depend upon the topic of the passage or the length / complexity? Does it depend upon the type of question? Does it depend upon your stamina / energy levels? Etc.
Please note: I do not use the Private Messaging system! I will not see any PMs that you send to me!!

Stacey Koprince
GMAT Instructor
Director of Online Community
Manhattan GMAT

Contributor to Beat The GMAT!

Learn more about me

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by anayak » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:29 am
Dear Stacey,

Sorry for not replying to your previous post, but I can't stop myself from thanking you and the entire Manhattan Gmat team.

I respect the accuracy level of your CATs because today I gave the real thing and got the same 710 :) as I was getting in all the 5 Manhattan CATs. Although in my last CATs I was scoring more than what I got in the real thing but I cannot complain now, especially after seeing 560 and 670 in my previous attempts.

Than you Manhattan and Beat the GMAT club (where I got to know about Manhattan GMAT :P )

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:694 members
GMAT Score:780

by Stacey Koprince » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:58 am
That's awesome - congratulations! :)
Please note: I do not use the Private Messaging system! I will not see any PMs that you send to me!!

Stacey Koprince
GMAT Instructor
Director of Online Community
Manhattan GMAT

Contributor to Beat The GMAT!

Learn more about me