Eligability

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Eligability

by palmpalm » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:36 pm
Hey all,

I have just left medical school as I realized it was not for me. I am interested in doing an MBA but never thought about business before. I have an Honours Bachelor of Health Sciences and several years of sales experience as well as 1.5 years of experience managing a gym. The problem is all of this work was when I was a teenager. I was a gym manager at 15 and the one MBA admissions official I spoke with so far thinks I am full of shit. (The business no longer exists and I have no idea where my former boss, the owner, is).

So any advice you can give me would be great. Also, as for the GMAT what prep materials should I use? I would like to study on my own. I keep seeing mention of OG. What does OG mean? Where and how do I buy it?

Thanks,
palmpalm

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by palmpalm » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:23 am
anybody???

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:6 members

by Scottie@VeritasPrep » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:57 pm
You are going to have a difficult time getting into a top program without full time work experience and clear post-MBA goals. I would recommend that you do more research on possible career paths to be sure that the MBA is the right route for you. Two good guides to read are: "How to Get Into A Top MBA Program" by Montauk and "MBA Game Plan" by Bouknight.
Scottie Winslow | Admissions Consultant |
Veritas Prep

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by appmentor-jon » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:47 pm
Also, what Med school were you studying at?

If you do decide MBA is right for you, recommended GMAT guides are :

Manhattan GMAT books

OG (Official Guide to the GMAT -- 3 books, Official Guide for the whole test, OG for Verbal, OG for Quant)

Kaplan 800

Princeton Review Cracking the GMAT (this is a good place to start)