disappointed with my score of 620, how can i take it to 740

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members
Hi,

I appeared for GMAT on 29th Jan 2011 and scored a meagre 620 my score in Qunats was 49 and in verbal 24. I was completly disturbed by the score, in the MGMAT practise test i used to score around 620-670 and just wanted to score around 700+, but i think I would like to give a final shot at GMAT and want to know how I can get a score of around 740, the books that i had refered was OG and the entire series 4 of MGMAT series. please suggest what books I should refer to improve my scores in both the sections. I want to go for the best MBA schools in the world like Harvard, Boston and LBS. please advice

regards
Vishal Jain

Site Admin
Followed by:7 members

by sumayahlaura » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:26 am
I've been told that the power score verbal bible is a great resource for improving verbal score. I'm still making my way through the Manhattan GMAT material so i haven't gotten to this book yet, but it's been recommended to me multiple times.

Also, do you log your errors. You should download the BTG error log, so you can track your strengths and weakness and concentrate on the areas you need the most helpful with.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by vishaljainsxc » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:52 am
Hi sumayahrose,

Thanks a lot for your reply, I specifically whant to know how to improve RC in Verbal and also Perms and Combs in Quants in Maths. I wanted to know how gud is the winners guide to Maths from www.winningprep.com or anyother gud books that i can refer and what are the other things that a 720+ guy does.