2nd Round or 3rd Round?

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:1 members

2nd Round or 3rd Round?

by umaa » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:49 pm
I started my preparation on Jul. Studied for a week and left it out because of my hectic schedule in work, marriage preparations and my distance learning PGDBA. I have enough time now. So, Just started my preparation today. I'm in a position that I need to join my MBA in 2009.

About me:

I did my engineering and got 84% overall.

84% and 87% in my school level also.

Having 3.7 years of experience in IT Marketing

Asian-Woman

Not very good in English. Moderate

Good in Maths ( As per my school and college math studies)

Please let me know if you can answers my below questions.

1. Which is the best time to apply? Round 2 or Round 3?
2. How long would it take for essays, recommendations (I've already told to my employer that I might need a recommendation. So, its not a problem)
3. How much time is needed to prepare from the scratch? No touch for almost 4 years (excluding that 1 weeks)

Please help me. Based on your suggestions and my own plan, I'm going to schedule the exam.

Thanks for the help,
Umaa

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by appmentor-jon » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:26 am
Which schools do you wish to apply to? And how much time do you have to set aside to dedicate to GMAT preparation and then application writing?

1) Round 2 is in many cases advantageous over round 1 (the good news however, is that there is a negligible difference between round 1 & round 2)

2) Recommendations -- Best to give 1-2 months, depending on how many schools you are applying to.

3) Varies widely based on how many schools, which schools, and how much time you have to prepare.

Best,
Jon

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:3 members
GMAT Score:750+

by VP_MBA_Guru » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:11 am
Hi Umaa,

Adding to the previous posters feedback, Round 3 (usually the last round one can apply) is the most difficult round to get admissions. By then 90-95% (and perhaps even higher) of the class has been selected. I believe you are better off applying the following year to better your chances.

Regards,

N
Nikhil P. | Admissions Consultant | Veritas Prep